Amanda S. Paletz
Amanda practices in the area of criminal defense representing clients at the trial level (i.e. misdemeanors, felonies, juvenile dispositions) as well as the appellate level in both the Michigan Court of Appeals and the Michigan Supreme Court. She also represented clients charged with federal crimes in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Due to her experience handling criminal matters, Amanda was a contributing author for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education where she detailed the consequences of registration as a sex offender in the State of Michigan.
Amanda also practices in the area of family law where she represents clients in divorce cases, post-judgment custody and support matters and cases involving the termination of parental rights. Her passion for helping individuals in difficult circumstances makes her a strong advocate for her clients.
- Michigan State University; BA Political Science (1999)
- Michigan State University, BA Criminal Justice (1999)
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law; JD (2002)
- State Bar of Michigan (2002)
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan (2004)
- United States District Court, Western District of Michigan (2007)
- Member, Criminal Law Section, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan
- Member, Family Law Section, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Michigan’s Women’s Lawyer’s Association
- Member, Michigan’s Inter-Professional Association
- State Bar of Michigan Family Law Certification (2008)
- Contributing Author; Institute Of Continuing Education (ICLE), “Collateral Consequences of a Criminal Conviction” (2012).
- Committee Member; State Bar of Michigan Committee for Character and Fitness (2011-2012)
- Advisor; State Bar of Michigan’s Domestic Violence Committee (2011)
- Service to Soldiers (2010)
- House of Providence (2017)
- Legal Coordinator; The Joseph Project (2020)
Meet the rest of paletz LAW